Mobile: 07920 280 920
Office: 01926 658 638

Specialist Services

Soundproofing Solutions

Whatever your soundproofing requirements, whether it is noisy neighbours, noise from the TV, or full studio installation, we usually have a noise control solution to suit your needs.

Totally Plastered can install soundproofing products to reduce sound leaving or entering your room. We have various systems of different thickness to suit all homes and budgets.

How much of my room does soundproofing take up?”

We understand that this is the key issue.  We work to your budget to get the balance right between the amount of noise reduction and how much room space is lost.

Studio Wall System

specialistservices_clip_image002Using a combination of tailored sound proof materials the Studio Wall System provodes a thick noise barrier.  This system is most commonly used for music studios and games rooms.




Thin Wall System

specialistservices_clip_image004Using a combination of specialist sound poof material and Sound Shield Plasterboard the Thin Wall System provides an effective noise solution with limited impact on room space.  This system is commonly used for medium noises e.g. noisy neighbours.



Please note: This sound system is effective at reducing normal noise levels that should not normally be heard, for example talking, radio and TV sound. Loud music, loud noise and bass noise will always be audible although its intensity will be reduced. For more efficient noise control, see the Studio Wall System.

The Studio Wall and Thin Wall Systems are two examples of the noise control systems Totally Plastered can install.  If these are not suitable for your noise control requirements we will endeavour to custom make a soundproofing solution for your specific needs and budget.

Totally Plastered soundproofing installation service only uses first class tried and tested sound insulation as supplied by Sound Service (Oxford) Ltd

For more Soundproofing information please visit: Soundproofing


specialistservices_clip_image006We have the solution!
Rising Damp is when water from the ground seeps through your walls and floors.  This causes plaster to lose its bond with the wall.



What will it look like?

specialistservices_clip_image008Common signs will be flaky paint, stains on the wall surface and even a damp smell.

Where will it be? This can occur on any wall in your house.  The most common areas include around bay windows or external walls. How to fix it?



specialistservicesAA continuous water repellent barrier is created using a specialist damp proofing cream.  This cream is injected into the mortar course at regular intervals.

By having the correct blend of ingredients this damp proofing cream provides an effective continuous water repellent layer.

In line with BS6576: 2005 Code of Practice for Installation of Chemical Damp-proof Courses, it is essential that any wall plaster contaminated by the rising damp is removed and replaced.

Once the damp-proofing cream has been injected a period of time is required to allow the wall to dry out.  During this time any remaining damp already within the wall but not visibly seen will seep through to the plaster.  This will allow the full extent of damage to be seen and ensure the replacement plaster covers all parts of the wall affected by the rising damp. Industry best practice advises allowing approximately 2 to 3 months for the drying period.  However this will be case specific.

Totally Plastered Internal Wall Insulation Systems

Do you have a cold wall in your house?

Heat always flows from a warm area to a cold area.  The heat in your home can be lost by passing through the walls of your house to the colder air outside.

The amount and rate of heat lost will depend on the makeup of your walls and whether they are insulated.

Totally Plastered Insulation Systems can be installed to reduce the rate at which the heat escapes through your walls.  By reducing the heat loss these insulation systems will keep your house warmer, save you money on your heating bills and are better for the environment.

Internal wall – Mechanically fixed wall insulation

Un –insulated solid walls will release more heat than un-insulated cavity walls.  Therefore if your house has solid walls it is particularly important to install insulation.

To insulate the walls a coating of specialised material will be installed on the wall.  This material will be made of special fibres, which cause heat to pass through them at a very slow rate.

Internal Wall – Adhesive Fixed Wall Insulation –specialistservices_clip_image015

Some homes have a particular wall that is loosing more heat than others.  This is usually detected by the wall being cold to the touch or having condensation problems.

Installing one of our tailored installation systems can reduce this heat loss. Although these systems can be installed throughout your home, they are very commonly installed in garages to turn them into an extra room, gym or studio for example.

For more technical information on the above wall systems: